RMD DENIES N50 MILLION FRAUD ALLEGATION You Know it’s not true’

By  |  0 Comments

Delta State Commissioner for Culture and Tourism, Richard Mofe Damijo  is in trouble for his role in the n50 million fraud allegedly rocking his ministry, but for the first time RMD, as he is better known , has denied the allegation, insisting it’s not true.

 

According to information ENCOMIUM weekly pieced from a popular online  news portal, the star actor-turned politician is at the centre of an alleged fraudulent transfer of funds which the economic and financial crimes commission (EFCC) are now investigating.

The story is that RMD and the acting General Manager, Delta State Tourism Board, Ms Philo Nkem Ajufo have allegedly squandered N50 million belonging to the ministry.

According to privy sources, a former commissioner in the ministry had requested N50 Million to organize the Delta State Expo 2007. A fund that would be released years after.

The funds were only released to the ministry in May 2012.

As the story goes, RMD was said to have argued that the event was no longer necessary, considering the time. And ever since he made known his intention to shelve the project, source at the ministry started insinuating that the funds had been diverted to a private account despite a directive N50 the state ministry of finance that the N50 million must be spend on the event for which the culture ministry applied for.

The warrant, we were inform, was signed by one P.O Evuojapha on behalf of the Commissioner of Finance. The Warrant indicated that N35 million of the funds was to go to the tourism board.

Sources however, disclosed that RMD allegedly connived to issued a cheque of N35 million in the name of Ms Ajufo, who reportedly deposited the sum into her First Bank Plc Private account Number 3006131619. Paving the way for them to allegedly share the memory. Those who understand how government works are now raising eyebrow over the way and manner the cheque was issued in a private was instead of the account of the tourism board.

“I wont respond to Sahara Reporters. When it’s time, I will.

And I’m sure you know it is not true”, he simply told ENCOMIUM weekly in an exclusive phone chat on Saturday, March 2, 2013.

This would be the first time the likeable and famous actor would make a categorical statement on the scandal that is capable of denting his image.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *