Odunlade Changed My Life “Tunde Owokoniran”

By  |  16 Comments

Babatunde Owokoniran is one of the fast rising actors in Nollywood. In an interview with BON, he revealed how he traded been a public speaker for acting

BON: Who is Tunde Owokoniran?

TUNDE OWOKONIRAN: Babatunde Owokoniran is a simple, God fearing and hardworking guy with work as his number one priority. I am from an extended family but grew up with my mother, brothers and sisters. And after some time I moved In with my dad.

I started with New Mainland Children School then to Ilupeju College where I passed out with good grades, then straight to Lagos State University (LASU) where I studied Industrial Relation and Personnel Management.

BON: How long have you been in the movie industry?

TUNDE OWOKONIRAN: Say five years now.

BON: Which movie gave you the big break?

TUNDE OWOKONIRAN: I will say Penkele mess and Sokofun but I must confess it’s not really a big break, just a little popularity here and there.

BON: Are you in to a relationship?

TUNDE OWOKONIRAN: Yea, a serious one. I have somebody I have been seeing for a while now so am not searching.

BON: Why acting?

TUNDE OWOKONIRAN: Initially I would have become a motivational speaker not an actor because I love inspiring/motivating young minds, but as movie came along, I decided to pass my message through acting, I see movie as an avenue to reach out to a larger audience compared to been a public speaker.

BON: Who is your role model in the movie Industry?

TUNDE OWOKONIRAN: Without saying it my fans knows its Odunlade Adekola. He brought me into the industry and has always motivated me even when I don’t believe in myself. He is indeed a brother and a mentor.

BON: You worked with Odunlade Adekola in Sunday Dagboru, what is he like on set?

TUNDE OWOKONIRAN: I felt really happy working with him, although I must confess, it was a little challenging. I wasn’t aware I was going to play the role until few days before the shooting when he came around and throw the script at me and said go and prepare for that role. I was shocked and at the same time amazed because I never expected it. But in all, it was a wonderful experience.

BON: Apart from Sunday Dagboru, How many movies have you featured in?

TUNDE OWOKONIRAN: I will say 15 to 20 films but personally I have produced 3 films, Ilu Alujo, Agbase’se and Sokofun.

BON: What are you up to now?

TUNDE OWOKONIRAN: Presently am working on my next project which I will let you know guys know when the job is done. Am actually trying to diversified I want to do both Yoruba and English film so right now am trying to get into the English setup.

owonikaranprofile_428749494_75sq_1396682317

Babatunde_Tilapia_Owokoniran®

16 Comments

1. ayobami ayoola

May 19, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Good one tunde…the sky is ur limit…u got our backs

2. damilare

May 19, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Bossom boss and boy good 2 hear 4rm u guys keep it up

3. aramide

May 19, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Wow,that lovely&interesting is A great experience well I really love d sokofun nd others its lovely that verry good of u,u really tried may almighty God be with u and lead u through we all love u tunde owokoniran safe.

4. wasilat

May 19, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Kudos †☺ U̶̲̥̅̊ omo owokoniran. Its ur time jawe. Tank God for U̶̲̥̅̊, keep it up м̤̣̲̣̥̈̇o̶̲̥̅̊γ̲̣̣̥ guy. God is really there for U̶̲̥̅̊, nd he wil surely keep motivatin you.

• wasilat

May 19, 2014 at 4:04 PM

5. OLUMIDE KAREEM TIMILEYIN

May 19, 2014 at 5:56 PM

firstly.l like d way when u performed artistic
    secondly;u are very good talent and brilliant for rehearsal artistic.
    thirdly;u are very handsome boy like me and again u actor and good producer in the film.
    u are be like your boss ODUNLADE ADEKOLA
    keep it up
    have a nice day.bye eeeeee

6. gbenga adeboye

May 19, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Oafp we stand to acheive,nice one bro of life and ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊GOD✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶ will make u more bigger ijn and ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊GOD✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶ bless oafp boss ijn amen.#gbenga adeboye

7. gbenga adeboye

May 19, 2014 at 6:04 PM

And more more bleSsing #gbenga adeboye micheal

8. islander

May 19, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Tilapia weldon…..the best nd fame re yet to Come jus be prayerful nd focus, warafanah monhkanah Haliyah Aminnn

9. olamide ogunwemimo

May 19, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Waoooo,it realy intresting,reading all the story line till now,it a chanlenging one,kudos to odunlade adekola that did not let the telent in owokoniran tunde to die without performing the mervelous art and performance Allah gave him,what me i knw is,even if it 1million years a person spend on earth,if there is talent in him/her,it will surely shows out,like what Tunde normally say’Friend dont let frnd lose forcus and let encourage ourself.Tunde rmb,igba owo lon je eniyan,ajoji owokan ko gbe eru de ori,try and bring talent out from other people as Odunlade adekola did for you,May Allah crown all our effort to success.Amen

10. Lujaking

May 20, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Tunlapia God will guide your steps as you proceed, Always put your best in anything you involve yourself otherwise reject the offer, the Lord is your strength.

11. Odunola

May 20, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Sky is ur starting point buddy…..by His grace,u’ll make it,big shout out to uncle Odunlade Adekola

12. yunisa abiodun

June 2, 2014 at 10:25 PM

am happy 4 u bcus most people want this kind of opportunity but can not find,if so u must contiune to be loyal to him

13. Razolite Toluwanimi Ayomide

August 15, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Tunde Owokoniran is a very talanted and promising actor. I love ur works. Keep it up,never relent the sky is ur limit. God will continue to bless and elevate u more. U shall continue to outshine ur foes. Amen. Kuɗos to Mr. Odun for believing in u. Bye.